6.1.16

EAT: Chocolate Avocado Breakfast Parfait.

2 3 4


Recipe: Chocolate Avocado Breakfast Parfait
Good morning, nerds. Whatever, it’s probably not morning where you are. It probably won’t be morning for me by the time this post gets published. Whatever; the linear progression of time is for squares. Cool kids (me) eat chocolate pudding for breakfast (every meal) out of tiny glass teacups (no, literally just me, I am the only person who does this, scientists are baffled).
Let me blow your mind further.
This rad little power bomb is raw, vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free, something that will literally never happen again on this blog on account of how sugar is the life force that runs through my veins. Look, it was an accident, okay? This started out as a greener-looking lil’ thing topped with toasted nuts from the January edition of Jamie Magazine, and I was super excited about that, until I got more excited at the prospect of making it way chocolatey-er (nope, not a real word) and spooning a ton of peanut butter and cocoa nibs and raspberries over the top. 
Even when I make something healthy, it has to look like it’s trying to kill you. That’s just how this works.
Makes 4
1 avocado, halved and destoned
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
4 heaped Tbsp rolled oats
60ml (1/4c.) soy or nut milk
2 tbsp maple or date syrup
1 banana, peeled and chopped
2 heaped Tbsp cocoa powder
4 Tbsp peanut butter
Raspberries & cocoa nibs to serve
EASIEST DIRECTIONS EVER. Blend the avocado flesh, lemon juice, vanilla, oats, milk, syrup, banana and cocoa powder together in a food processor or with a stick blender (I used the latter). Blitz until it’s nice and smooth, then spoon the mixture into four small bowls or cups. Put them in the fridge for at least 30 mins to set (I left them overnight) then load up with pb and toppings when you’re ready to eat. 
I’m embarrassed, this is barely a real recipe. The chocolate syrup used in the pictures is the Sweet Freedom brand ‘choc shot’ made from fruit sugars; they’re not paying me to say this, but if anyone does wanna pay me in chocolate syrup then hit me up. Hella good.
…And yes, that is my real skin colour. I realise that I am almost transparent.

No comments

Post a Comment

© papillon.Maira Gall