7.2.14

CREATE: Fuck You Bluebeard, You Don't Know Me.



“…The wife immediately discovers the room’s horrible secret: its floor is awash with blood and the murdered bodies of her husband’s former wives hang from hooks on the walls. Horrified, she drops the key into the pool of blood. She flees the room, but the blood staining the key will not wash off. She reveals her murderous husband’s secret to her sister Anne, and both plan to flee the castle the next day; but, Bluebeard returns home unexpectedly the next morning and, noticing the blood on the key, immediately knows his wife has broken her vow. In a blind rage, he threatens to behead her on the spot, but she implores him to give her a quarter of an hour to say her prayers. He consents, so she locks herself in the highest tower with Anne. While Bluebeard, sword in hand, tries to break down the door, the sisters wait for their two brothers to arrive. At the last moment, as Bluebeard is about to deliver the fatal blow, the brothers break into the castle; and, as he attempts to flee, they kill him. He leaves no heirs but his wife, who inherits all his great fortune.”
So today I finally get to launch a project that’s been in the pipeline for a while! As you might know, I’m hoping to study film-making in London later this year and have been working on my application for that. This is an adaptation of a story by Skellerbzzt here on Tumblr, who was super awesome and gave me permission to turn her work into a short film. Like… this isn’t super professional, and there are a bunch of things I’d change up if I had the means, but I’m pretty pleased with how it came out considering that I shot this whole thing singlehandedly and you have to endure my face being it. I hope I did Skeller’s awesome story justice.

No comments

Post a Comment

© papillon.Maira Gall