1.10.12

we ate a lot of these. iki. 44940007 at the beach. ocean. glitter. trololol. not quite the model pose she was going for. 44940017 tiny frog. heaven. 44940021 guitar. mango soda dejima wharf. 44950004 wharf. summer festival. dancing. i love the bows. dance. dejima village. miss g. dutch village. nagasaki chinatown. fruit sweets. i wanna sit here and write. cafe. never enough shaved ice. shadows.

 
  • I know: it's the first of October, and here are my summer photos. Whatever. I'm a free bitch, baby. The seasons don't own me.
  • I took these rolls of film while the lovely Miss G was in Nagasaki, in August. We went to the island, and, between us, made out with about 80% of the people on it (it was a small island).
  • There was also quite a lot of かき氷, shaved ice. I miss it already. I miss mangoes. Mangoes, man. Moment of silence to think about mangoes.
  • Blah blah blah, Autumn's here! Pumpkin spice lattes! I don't even know what a pumpkin spice latte is, and I'm sick of hearing about them. If one more person says the phrase "sweater weather" to me, I'm gonna push them into a mound of leaves. And it won't be a cute, multicoloured mound of leaves. It's gonna be a decomposing one. The stinky kind. With furious hedgehogs in it. Yeah, I'm gonna leave this warning up right here.
  • I'm not actually as bitter as I sound. The truth is, I envy you coffee-drinkers. You're all so enthusiastic about it! You go to Starbucks and take photos of your fingernails against the cup logo! You put weird shit in it, and do coffee shop knockoff recipes that you put up on Pinterest! You even stay up for 48 hours at a time and scare people with your staring, overcaffienated eyes. You know how much I love scaring people, guys. I should be a coffee drinker.
  • I don't have, like, a coffee intolerance or anything. I just think it tastes like dirt.
  • If given the choice between coffee and dirt, I have in the past been known to lick the ground rather than back down on my principals.
  •  And people act surprised when I resist Facebook. PRINCIPALS.
  • I'm gonna miss you, Summer. But hey, Autumn recipes gon' be up here soon, guys. And I promise none of them taste like dirt.


3 comments

  1. Nice island photos. I refuse to drink coffee too. Who needs another addiction? I do like the smell of coffee in the morning though. It makes me feel like a little kid, safe in bed while the parents get ready for work. Looking forward to Autumn recipes!

    Sorry if I posted this like a million times - my browser is being all crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, it really makes me nostalgic for Japan. And you take such beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww it feels so long ago and far away. I wish I was back there with you <3 xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

© papillon.Maira Gall