28.5.11

dandelion wisheslook up
swans

May makes me restless.

It's partially to do with my exam time - although I get off pretty lightly in that respect; I have a glut of essay deadlines in the early weeks and a scattering of language tests later on - but mostly about everyone else's exam time. People go to the library at 8am and come back at 10pm. Last year, my housemate Bex didn't see me eat a meal for the entire month; this year, as far as she could see, I spent two weeks straight in my pyjamas (she kept missing the in-between bits, where I actually put on clothes and made food and so on). There is a lot of sitting. There is a lot of going-for-a-walk-to-get-out-of-the-house. There are apparently a lot of pyjamas.

The point is, yesterday was my last exam. One by one, my friends are finishing. We have all of three weeks left together before the end of term. Shit is getting real.

So, this is how it's gonna be. There's about to be less looking at the sky through a lens, and more time frantically storing up our last few weeks. Drinks, barbecues, beaches, shopping, being ridiculous (our default setting). If I am seen wearing pyjamas for two weeks, it'll be because I've actually worn pyjamas for two weeks, not because I'm only spotted in brief periods of time in the early morning and late evening, like a rare bird who values comfortable nightwear.

Oh hey, also - I'm visiting my mum this weekend! It's excellent. I'm fully dressed (...okay, not right this minute). She wants to know what I can do with a bag of leftover chickpea (garbanzo? gram?) flour, and I don't know what to tell her. Awkward. What can I do with chickpea flour?

I hope you have a gorgeous weekend, and lie in the grass a little while. Tell me your plans? Or at least, what to do with chickpea flour? My mum would be grateful. Well, no, she'd be a little weirded out. But I'd be grateful!

Have a happy one. x


6 comments

  1. From my experiments with alternative flour, I'd suggest avoiding it like the plague or giving it to the poor; or, doing something very eggy with it - savoury chickpea pancakes, maybe involving rocket, mushrooms, coriander. It might be horrific, but I'm hungry..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I AM the poor! And my housemates are the plague-ridden; we're not doing too well on this end. But I definitely like the sound of a chickpea pancake... maybe with asparagus? Hm. Merci for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My weekend consisted of sleeping, cleaning, and doing laundry. ;)

    I've seen on quite a lot of blogs that people use chickpea flour to make pizza crust (socca?). I haven't tried it so far because I can't get chickpea flour here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures!!! Good luck with all of the end of term things, you must be so excited for holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Kath, thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to google socca and find out how to make it... sounds like a plan.

    And Kaylia, thank you! I'm ridiculously excited, I've been making lists compulsively of things I want to do in the next few weeks - it's gonna be good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anna! Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have beautiful photos!

    My favorite thing to do with chickpea flour is making socca pizza! Here's a link with a recipe from my blog:

    http://kissmybroccoli.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/wiaw-mexican-socca-pizza/

    Ashley from Edible Perspective has a lot of really good ideas too!

    Cinnamon Coconut Raisin Bake:
    http://edibleperspective.com/2011/02/what-to-pack/

    And Socca Crackers:
    http://edibleperspective.com/2011/02/crunch-on/

    Hope you have a great time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete

© papillon.Maira Gall